I Dreamed I Saw Casey Sheehan Last Night--to the tune of Joe Hill (author unknown)


I dreamed I saw Casey Sheehan last night
alive as you and me
Says I, "But Casey, you're two years dead,"
"I never died," says he, "I never died," says he.

"The oil bosses killed you my boy,
for greed and power they sent you to die"
"Takes more then greed to kill a man,"
Says Casey, "I didn't die," says Casey, "I didn't die."

And standing there as big as life
And smiling with his eyes
Casey, "What they forgot to kill
My mom went on to organize, she went on to organize."

"Casey Sheehan ain't dead," he said to me,
Casey Sheehan is now alive in all the people that I see..

From San Diego up to Maine
In every part of this land
Where people work for peace and our troops
It is there where I make my stand .......

Where people work for peace and our troops
It is there where I make my stand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B@ST@RD BILLION@IRES & L@ZY LIBS WITH MICKEY-Z (SOAPBOX PODCAST 4/27/22)

This Blog Will Become Inactive Soon (Message from Cindy)

SheeLilly#2 Cindy and Dakotah Rate the Final Season of the USA (PODCAST 10 JUNE 2022)