Cindy Sheehan to Stand With Standing Rock!


Cindy Sheehan will be heading to the Standing Rock Sioux
reservation this weekend (9/10/16) to stand with the brothers and sisters who are opposing the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL)
being constructed through their land.

Thousands of people have made the pilgrimage to the Camps
to help and to be in solidarity with the community there.

Cindy is going in her capacity as an activist, but also a journalist who will report back on a regular basis on the courageous actions.

As Cindy wrote in her announcement:

"I am feeling a strong urge to go to Standing Rock and stand with the community there against the pipeline and against the brutality of the company who is constructing it.

In 2005, thousands came to Camp Casey to support me in my stand against the wars and Empire (including many people from indigenous communities) and I have worked for 11 years to pay that solidarity back.

Recently, I have been pretty much home bound with my sister Dede Miller who is suffering from Stage 4 breast cancer and she is in a good place right now where I feel I can take a week, or so, to help my comrades protect the land and water.

I am planning on leaving on Saturday, September 10th and if I raise more money than the 1k, I need for expenses, I will donate the rest to the cause at Standing Rock.

I need money to rent a small car, for gas, lodging and food. For a long time, I have wanted to leave the smallest footprint and use my resources wisely and promise that I will send many reports and updates for Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox.

Peace, love, and solidarity,

Cindy Sheehan" 

We are pleased to report that in less than 20 hours, Cindy raised enough money on GoFundMe to pay for her expenses, and now, any money raised will come from The Soapbox Community as a gift to those in Standing Rock who are faced with huge expenses for the extended proTECT.
Please donate HERE to send your gift with Cindy to Standing Rock

OR

 send a check or money order to:

Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox, LLC
PO BOX 6264
Vacaville, Ca 95696

OR 
Donate directly to 

CINDY CAN BE CONTACTED AT:

CINDYSHEEHANSSOAPBOX@GMAIL.COM  

 



AFTER SATURDAY, 9/10, KEEP CHECKING BACK AT CINDY SHEEHAN'S SOAPBOX FOR DAILY UPDATES.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B@ST@RD BILLION@IRES & L@ZY LIBS WITH MICKEY-Z (SOAPBOX PODCAST 4/27/22)

This Blog Will Become Inactive Soon (Message from Cindy)

SheeLilly#2 Cindy and Dakotah Rate the Final Season of the USA (PODCAST 10 JUNE 2022)